Displace Yourself Theatre, a Bradford based arts organisation would like to invite you to a fun and informative event, exploring the transformative way that the arts can support people experiencing social exclusion.
Since January 2017, Displace Yourself have been running Creating Together in partnership with Theatre in the Mill, University of Bradford. These are monthly sessions which provide opportunities for people who might not ordinarily access the arts to develop new skills and try out a range of creative activities. Creating Together is open to everyone, but are particularly relevant to:
- People who have experienced, or are at risk of, homelessness
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- People with mental health support needs
We would love you to join us on Wednesday 7th February:
- For a conversation about how the arts can play a part in supporting mental health, self-confidence and communication skills
- To learn more about the Creating Together project and how your organisation could be involved
- Explore barriers to participation and how we might address them
- Make connections and develop contacts with other local organisations
We would welcome individuals from organisations, as well as inviting them to bring a volunteer or service user who may be interested in learning more.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Please register on the Eventbrite link to confirm your attendance.